Independence Day has always been a very special holiday for me, especially as a former US Navy pilot having served this extraordinary country.
Now as a Rapid Transformation Coach and Therapist, it’s taken on a new significance. The most common request from clients as the outcome of their Rapid Transformation Therapy (RTT) session is freedom. “Not from tyranny or oppression,” as it says in one of my favorite speeches from the movie Independence Day, but from, as one client said, the straight jacket of their own beliefs. Clients come to me feeling like they have hit a ceiling in their lives of how much money or joy they can experience. Or, they know there is so much more they could do with their lives, or they have an over-reactivity to situations that they just can’t seem to control which may be jeopardizing their career, or they have other self-sabotaging behavior, or they even have a medical diagnosis that is holding them back in some way.
I live in a world of ANDs…blocks come from the territory of ORs.
I have known for decades now that many of those ors or challenges stem from events in our younger lives where that younger self created a meaning, a misinterpretation, a belief that confined them or limited them in what they thought they could do or achieve in their lives. It capped them in some way. Most adults don’t know that their younger selves that came up with those beliefs and blocks are still running inside them today.
And, many of my clients are super successful, until they are not. They’ve achieved tremendous accomplishments by hard work and focus, but then hit a wall, a ceiling, a feeling that it’s all going to crumble or they experience an unexplained sadness at the top of their game.
Through the RTT session, we discover the three to five scenes from their childhood that are the root cause beliefs that have been confining and prohibiting them from living their best lives.
One of the things I love most is about the work I do is that because sessions are via Zoom, I get to witness visually how much lighter and brighter a client is at the end of that session. It’s like a mask and/or weight has been lifted from them.
They feel free.
You may be wondering what can you do on your own if you feel blocked or stuck in your life. Here are some steps you can take:
- Grab some sheets of paper or journal.
- Write down what the issue is that you are experiencing. Here are some examples:
- You’ve hit a plateau in your career and you can’t seem to move to the next level. Ask yourself, what did I hear about work from my parents or guardians growing up, i.e., you have to work hard, it’s grueling, people like us don’t get ahead.
- You’ve hit a plateau with how much money you make. What did you hear about money growing up? If you’ve been at the same number for the last few years, who told you that’s all that you’re worth? What does it mean to go beyond that amount? Do you have to work harder and there’s just no more to give?
- With regard to relationships, what did you learn about love growing up? Did you see healthy relationships modeled for you? Did someone say or infer that you were not worthy of love?
- Whatever the issue, take a few moments and apply loving and forgiveness to yourself. Be kind and recognize that it’s learned behavior and that you can actually CHOOSE a new path now that you have the awareness.
- On a fresh piece of paper, that you will not burn, answer this most important question, if your life was ideal, what would you like now? What would you like to create?
- Looking at your answers to number four, what’s one action you can take in the next 24-48 hours.
- If it’s a plateau in your career, what might be one step that you could take to move to the next level? It could be setting up a meeting with your boss to discuss a promotion plan. I was an expert at getting promoted so I love doing this work with people.
- If you want to make more money, signup for my newsletter to get access to the Wealth Exercise and learn how to increase your vibration of wealth. You could also purchase the award-winning Wealth Transformation Journal that will assist you with that.
- And, if you want a relationship, how are you loving and being kind to yourself? We first have to fall in love with ourselves, understand what we like and dislike, sometimes even give ourselves permission to have an opinion, and seek someone who has similar values, hobbies and dreams as you do. More on that in another post.
- Take action on the smallest step you could take to advance your goal.
- Celebrate! Acknowledge yourself for doing any part of this exercise. From celebration comes the inner encouragement to take one more step.
The above exercise works on the conscious level. The work I do is on the subconscious, to get at the places that we can’t access on our own. Sometimes we have traumatic pasts that require someone who understands the subconscious to help free us so that we can move forward.
What I’ve found for myself and my clients is that RTT is phenomenal in its speed and depth of clearing to allow for great clarity, creativity and expansion in our lives.
If you’d like some assistance with freeing blocks and beliefs that might be holding you back, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want you to experience all the FREEDOM that is possible for you and for you to live an extraordinary life! And, it’s an independence that we can give ourselves at any time we choose.